Sunday, April 21, 2019

Quick, Jump In

We drove a car. We stayed in a hotel. No sleeping in a van down by the river this time.

Before we even set off, Joelle had already travelled from Dallas to Baltimore, run a 10K, worked a full day, then flew into Charleston.



We loaded the car with essentials: the old blue cooler and our fluorescent camp chairs. Joelle loves to drive, so she slipped behind the wheel first. She must have really had the pedal to the metal; the next thing I knew, we were in Switzerland. 

Stop the car! We need a selfie!

Yes, we are constantly entertained by town names, like Paris, Texas and Switzerland, South Carolina. 


Since we both work while traveling, we take turns on the computer and the phone. I took over the wheel so Joelle could communicate with the office.




The onboard GPS in my trusty Beemer has learned the Gypsy Sisters travel style. She directs us on circuitous routes and down sand packed roads. Why drive down 95 when you can travel on a ferry? Why face the asphalt, when your car can point directly at a swiftly flowing current?

So we cruised south on A1A and drove aboard the St.John's River Ferry, connecting  Mayport Village and Fort George Island, near Jacksonville, Florida.



Joelle is the more adventurous of the two of us, and she hopped out of the car instantly. I think she had some Titanic bow-like visions.



I, on the other hand, was eventually able to pry my fingers loose from the steering wheel, and venture outside of the car … but had to have a body part touching it at all times. And let's face it, it was only because if the ferry sunk, I was afraid of getting trapped in my seatbelt.



OMG, we cut right in front of this guy!


Gonzalez-Alvarez house and grounds.
Next stop: St.Augustine, Florida, where we spent a full day wandering the side streets, and I practiced using my new Olympus camera. Joelle is so very patient with me, and just laughs when I say for the third time, "That's it; I broke it. I touched something and now it doesn't work."




Memorial Presbyterian Church





 No alley goes unwandered by the Gypsy Sisters.




Where should we go now?




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you.